Hydrate. Everyday. H20? Boring to most people, however, I have found a simple yet hella effective way of ensuring you get your minimum requirement of 2L of water a day. How, you ask? Easy as One, Two, TEA! That’s right! Cold, delicious, herbal tea.
Here’s what I do:
- boil 2L of water
- add tea variation of choice, steep for at least 30 min
- transfer to 1L Mason jars
- cool to room temperature
- transfer to the fridge to chill
- grab & go once cold
- BONUS! Garnish with fresh herbs for a flavour boost!
And that’s it! My fridge is STOCKED with a variety of delicious chilled teas. The amount of tea you use is up to you, I like my flavouring subtle. I use one tea bag or 1.5 tbsp of loose tea per 2L of water. I drink 2-3 jars per day, and could probably drink more! No sugar added, no sugar needed!
Try it out! I’m sure you’ll get hooked!
A lil’ nutritional tidbit for you about the benefits of staying properly hydrated:
- Promotes healthy digestion & elimination
- Keeps your body temperature comfortable
- Is great for your skin, muscles, joints
- May prevent overeating, encouraging weight-loss when needed
- Enhances brain function and effects mood
- May prevent certain types of headaches
- Oh! and you need it to live……