Born and raised into an Italian family, I have had my share of pasta dishes. Since becoming “plantastic”, I have had to get a bit more creative in order to achieve the same great tasting Italian food that my family makes, with use of plant-based foods only.
Although my family is very supportive of my decision to eliminate animal products from my diet, an event will present itself once in a while where it’s safest to make my own dish. So tonight – I did. And it took ten whole minutes!
To make this no-cream creamy sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/4 cup non dairy milk of choice
– 1 clove of garlic
– 2 leaves of fresh basil
– 1/4 zucchini, roughly chopped
– 1 Tbs tapioca starch or equivalent (used as a thickening agent, optional)
– oil for frying
– brown garlic and zucchini in coconut or cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
– process the remainder of ingredients (except basil) and add to pot once garlic and zucchini have caramelized
– fold in chopped basil
– serve over pasta of choice and sprinkle with almond parmesan! Click here for my super simple recipe!
Yields: 2 servings