– 3 cups Elbow pasta
– 1 cup non-dairy milk (why not make your own? click here for my organic brown rice milk recipe!)
– 1/2 an onion, chopped & browned (fried in oil until translucent)
– 1/4 cup tamari
– 1 cup nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 tsp mustard
– 2/3 cup organic canola oil
– sea salt
– freshly cracked black pepper
– Cook the pasta al dente
– In a processor combine the garlic, nutritional yeast, mustard, smoked paprika and turmeric. Process until garlic is chopped fine.
-While the machine is running add the tamari, milk and canola oil and blend until creamy.
-Add onions and sauce to pot & heat. Mix with cooked pasta.
** Optional: BAKE IT!
-Add about 1/2 cup of water to the sauce and undercook the noodles a little.
-Top with breadcrumbs, drizzle with organic canola and bake in a casserole dish in a 350 oven until bubbly and breadcrumbs are browned. Season with salt & pepper to-taste.
Adapted from a recipe by: Kristina Brindley of Seedling Catering in Los Angeles, California