Guilt free? Yes please! This recipe is both low fat and vegan! Banana bread is a popular treat, perfect for a tea or coffee date, as a dessert paired with your favorite sorbet or even as a part of breakfast!
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup unsweetned soy milk or almond milk
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 4 large very ripe bananas
• 1/4 cup organic canola oil
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (otherwise use one of the Village Bakery machines). Lightly oil a 9″x5″ loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and cider vinegar and let stand for 2 minutes. Add the mashed banana, canola oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, whisking until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined (do not overmix!). Fold in the walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean.
Allow the bread to cool on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.