Marinara is highly flavourful all by its lonesome, but if you want to kick it up a notch, why not add some home-made dairy free ‘Parmesan’ to your pasta? You can purchase Parmesan alternatives at most specialty stores, but it’s so easy to make yourself, and much healthier! (or purchase my all natural version at Karmavore!)
– 1 cup non-salted almonds, cashews, peanuts or hazelnuts
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp dried mustard
– Add all ingredients to a food processor.
– Process until a smooth powder has formed.
– Store in the fridge in an air-tight jar.
– Serve on pastas, salads, soups … etc.
Yield : approximately 1 cup
Please note: Store in air-tight container in fridge. Lasts up to a month.