(may replace Cauliflower with Broccoli, Carrot or Celery as well!)
• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 cups vegetable stock
• 1 russet potato, peeled, cut into 1” pieces
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Fresh parsley or green onion for garnish (optional)
– Remove and discard tough lower stalk of cauliflower.
– Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and sweat until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
– Add stock and potato and bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer until potato is almost tender, about 12 minutes.
– Stir in chopped cauliflower.
– Simmer until potato and cauliflower are very tender, about 10 minutes.
– Remove soup from heat and purée in a blender until smooth or use hand blender to puree directly into stock pot. Be sure to keep hand blender deep into soup so it doesn’t splatter. It’s the puréed potato that gives the soup its creamy texture!
– Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.