- 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked for 3 – 8 hours, and drained
- a handful Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1/4-1/3 cup rejuvelac
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- spices of choice (onion powder garlic powder etc.)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup vegan gelatin substitute / agar agar flakes
- Process all ingredients except vegan gelatin and xanthan gum.
- Culture the cheese: transfer mix to glass bowl, cover and let sit at room temperature for 24 – 72 hours (the longer you wait, the sharper the flavour)
- Thicken the cheese: transfer mix to a sauce pan, stir in vegan gelatin and xanthan gum. Stir on medium heat until mixture pulls away from the pan. (approximately 3-5 minutes)
- Transfer to clean bowl, and let cool (uncovered!)
- Cover and refrigerate until firm (at least 6 hours)
*If you don’t have time to soak the sunflower seeds, you may boil them for 15 minutes instead!