- 500 g spaghettini
- 1 package veggie ground
- 1 tsp ‘butter’
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (fresh preferred)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and fresh pepper
- In a large deep sauté pan, melt ‘butter’ and add oil.
- Add onions, celery and carrots and sauté on medium-low for about 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add veggie ground, break down into smaller pieces with your spoon.
- Add tomatoes and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add wine and cook until it reduces, then add bay leaf and cover, reducing heat to low. Simmer at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghettini in the last 15 minutes of simmering, add to sauce and use fork to gather a mouthful, and twirl onto a platter.
- Garnish with fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley.
Makes approximately 20-24 bites
(you can use the same bolognese recipe to serve a big pot of pasta as well, obviously.)