• 3 cups water or vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup almond milk or rice milk
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup polenta (corn meal)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for greasing tins
• 1 head of broccoli, chopped
• half a red pepper, chopped
• 6 tablespoons marinara sauce
• ½ cup black olives
(salt and pepper to-taste)
Bring water, milk & salt to a boil.
Gradually add the polenta and whisk immediately and quickly, making sure there are no lumps.
Once the polenta is mixed in thoroughly, add the olive oil chopped vegetables. (You can pre-cook the veggies lightly unless you don’t mind a little crunch. I sautéed mine in garlic)
Let cook while you fold the mixture together so all is evenly combined.
Keep folding and cooking for another 3 minutes.
Remove the pot from stove and fill up to 6 muffin tins that have each been coated with olive oil, flattening their tops.
When firmed, remove and serve upside down as a side dish.
Garnish with marinara and olives.
(you can make a variety of different flavours which are great for party platters!)