Acorn Squash supplies valuable nutrients and minerals into the diet. It is very high in Vitamin A. Additionally it provides: Vitamin C, Potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, folate, Vitamin B complex, omega 3 fatty acids, copper and tryptophan. I’d say it’s pretty good for you. And tasty to-boot!
Try this simple recipe:
– cut squash in half & scoop out the guts
– place in a roasting pan in 1/4″ of water or broth
– roast for 35 minutes at 400 degrees
– turn squash right side up, put a dollop of earth balance buttery spread in the center, and sprinkle with black pepper, sea salt and a drizzle of agave syrup
– put back into the oven for a few more minutes
Sprinkle a few pine nuts & serve hot on a bed of baby spinach.
1 acorn squash makes 2 large portions